Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Death of a Beamer

Early last week a tragic event occurred. Bryan called me at about noon to ask me if I could pick him up at a BMW repair shop, his car was making a funny noise. After lunch I bundled up the kids and started to load them into the car. That's when I got another call. "Don't hurry." He said, "I'm waiting for a tow truck, I'll probably be a while". So, I waited. Then, right in the middle of what should have been nap time I bundled everyone up again, loaded them into the car and headed to pick up Bryan.
On the way I answered several questions about the purpose of our trip: Where is Daddy? What happened to his car? Mommy and I will fix it? Can we take a look at it? What is a tow truck? Will Daddy drive it? Can I ride in it? Then we got there: Where is Daddy? Is Daddy coming here? In the tow truck? Can I see him? The tow truck pulls up: Where is Daddy? Is he driving? Is that Daddy's friend? What's that man saying? Where's Daddy's car? And on and on and on and on. Then she joined her brother and fell asleep on the way home.
Several days later we heard the bad news. Bryan's car had passed away. It was an emotional time for Bryan, but he did the right thing. He said his good byes, sold his car for parts and made a call to his dad. Lucky for us, Bryan's dad owns an auto dealers supply shop in Ashland Kentucky, JWT Products. This has led to several perks over the years, but free windshield washer fluid will never compare to what he was about to do for us. Wes was able to find, test drive and haggle over (making a VERY good deal) a used car. We moved our planned visit up a couple of weeks and headed to KY to pick up our car.
Lilly wasn't quite ready to give up. She thought we should at least try and fix Bryan's BMW before going to get the new one.
It was a quick trip that wore everyone out. Well, the trip wore Lilly and Jack out and they wore everyone else out.
Luckily Lilly was only tired for about 30 seconds. Then she was ready to play some more.
So, we took her to Gatti-land. Its a 'Chuck E Cheese' type pizza place, a lot nicer, but with the same idea: pizza, rides, games, tickets and prizes.
Even though we were there for Lilly, Bryan and his dad found a way to play the racing game.
Lilly had the biggest entourage of any kid there.
All in all we had a great weekend. Lilly got to see her grandparents, Jack got to meet Grandma Becky and Nana for the first time and Bryan drove home a new (used) Hyundai Sonata. I wanted to get a picture of Bryan, his dad and the car, but I figured a car's a car...and my kids are super cute so why not post pictures of them instead. Now the car is covered in ice, but that's another blog entirely.
Thanks for everything Wes! We appreciate your help.

2 comments:

  1. I love the princess and her power tools!! So cute!! Also, I'm sure the new car is nice, but yes, I prefer pictures of your super cute kiddos!! Sorry about the Beamer Bryan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the kids are super cute. Glad to help.

    ReplyDelete