Monday, March 9, 2009

Playing Outside

Lilly, Hank and I have been trying to take advantage of the weather this past week. We spent Friday at Nonnie and Papaw's house playing outside, practicing our walking and doing some pointing. She's getting pretty good at it, walking that is, not pointing...although she does more pointing than anything else... Anyway, she's getting really quick and is into EVERYTHING. The other night during dinner I commented that is was hard for me to get anything done around the house during the day with Lilly walking. And Bryan said, "Oh no, I think it would be alot easier. She can just follow you around the house now". Ha ha funny Bryan. Instead of following me and playing quietly in the room that I'm working in (the way Bryan imagines her) she wants to explore any room in the house that I am NOT in and the only time she is quiet is when I turn my head and she seizes the opportunity to slip away. She sure does wear a person out.
Here's Lilly doing some solo walking. If you try to hold her hand she jerks it away.
Here she is pointing with Nonnie and Papaw. I don't know, but I think they might be making fun of her.


More walking. This time she's getting a little bit cocky. You can't tell, but she's actually walking really fast...she must get that from my mom.

Aside from walking we are also learning to do a few other things, eating with a spoon for example. If you look at the top of her high chair tray you can see the spoon. Plenty of food makes it into Lilly's mouth, however, most of it never touches the spoon.

2 comments:

  1. ooh.. i love pictures of lilly ! Her little green outfit is too cute !!

    One question, which does she get from your mom, the cockiness or the walking fast?? :)

    Cant wait to meet Ms. Lilly !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 days is too long for Aunt Cammie to wait for pics of Lilly. I know you just have all the time in the world to blog now that Lilly is walking and feeding herself. (LOL) Tell Bryan to stay home with her and give him some chores to do, he will change his tune in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete