Thursday, March 19, 2009

New Kicks

After hours and hours of shopping for just the right pair Lilly finally got a new pair of shoes last week. It wasn't what you're thinking either. Actually needing new shoes and having a real reason to go out and shop for them is usually a high point in my life. I enjoy the hunt, I usually know what I am looking for and will go to any extreme to find the perfect pair. Sometimes driving to several different stores on opposite sides of town...then occasionally going back to the first store. I like to take my time, trying on several pairs, trying on each pair more than once. I look for style, designer, color, heel height, the size of the sole, and finally, the fit. Its a sport really, shoe shopping, and probably the only sport I truly excel at. However, shopping for shoes for a toddler when she hasn't had a nap was not something I was prepared for. It almost broke my spirit.
It started like any other shoe shopping trip I might take. I knew what I wanted, a cute little pair of white tennis shoes, canvas Chucks, Pumas with a pink logo, or maybe some adidas like Run DMC used to wear. Wouldn't that be cute, you know, something simple that would match everything from jeans to shorts and capris to a sun dress. This wouldn't be hard, it was shoe shopping, my specialty... After 6 stores, 5 hours, 2 days, 1 return and a very public total baby meltdown I settled on a pair of shoes that fit. Yes, that's right, I threw style, designer and any thought of appearance or coordinating colors to the wind and settled on any pair of shoes that could be shoved onto Lilly's little unwilling feet. They make her run faster, jump higher and they occasionally cause her fall down. They are, her first real shoes.

It took a little while, but she finally got the hang of walking in them.
I just thought this picture was cute, Lilly can sure give a dirty look.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like Lilly likes pink--like her cousin Morgan.
    She is getting to be a regular track star--run,Peanut, run.

    ReplyDelete