Monday, April 9, 2012

Girls' Night Out!

Two years ago on my birthday I was pregnant. One year ago on my birthday Jack was unwilling to take a bottle and therefore he and I were inseparable. So, this year on my birthday I decided that a girls' night out was just what I needed to celebrate. My idea of a night out with my friends escalated into a day of freedom and pampering followed by dinner, drinks, drag and dancing. But, best of all a great deal on a nice hotel room downtown with a late check out.
At about 2 o'clock on Saturday afternoon I picked Kristy up and we laughed and giggled and cheered that we were free. We stopped for pedicures, Starbucks and gossip and then made our way to our hotel room where we took our time getting dressed in peace. After that, Emma met us for a cocktail in the lobby.
Next, it was onto Mesh on Mass for a nice dinner with all of the ladies. Emma, me, Kim, Hillary, Tania, Brecquelyn and Kristy.

After dinner, and some valet drama, we made our way to Talbott Street for the drag show. We didn't have reservations, but I didn't worry, Kristy was able to recall the most valuable skill she attained in college: table lurking.




After the show we checked out the club scene for some dancing and, best of all, people watching. I won't go into a lot of detail, but every moment of the big night out was ideal. We did everything that I wanted to do and I think everyone had a good time. Everything was perfect and I had the best birthday ever. But, by far the moment that topped off the whole event happened at about 10am Sunday morning. I woke up naturally and without anyone crying and just lounged in bed while Kristy made me a cup of coffee.

Thanks to everyone who came out to party with me and a special thanks to Kristy for that cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment