Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Princess and The Frog

Lilly loves princesses and her new favorite game is to pretend to be a sleeping princess. She asks that we make a 'tent' or castle in her room with a blanket (which we do). Then she lays under it on a pillow and closes her eyes. Then, she yells from her room, "Daddy! I need you to come be a prince!" So, Bryan goes in, kisses her and she wakes up.
That's when its his turn to lay down and be the sleeping princess. This is actually a coveted role. Its rare that you can make a child's day by laying under her tent with a blanket and pillow in a dark room after a long day at work and 'pretending' to be asleep. Some other roles in this game are Hank as the Beast and me as the evil stepmother or witch. I, personally, think that we all have been type cast.
Here's Bryan as the princess. This was after dinner on Sunday night and I think he might actually be asleep. On another princess note: Every morning when Lilly gets up I go into her room and we have the same conversation:
Me: "Good morning, did you sleep good?"

Lilly: "Yes, I had sweet dreams."

Me: "You did? What did you dream about?"

Lilly: (big smile) "I dreamed about princesses."

No comments:

Post a Comment