Monday, December 14, 2009

Plans Change

Earlier today I sat down to post a blog and downloaded some pictures of Lilly playing in the snow for the first time. It would have been a very cute blog. Unfortunately Lilly woke up from her nap and I was unable to finish. I figured I'd just do it later, but then Bryan came home from the dentist appointment bent on negating all of the hygienist's hard work by making Christmas cookies with Lilly.
I was understandably skeptical. My disdain for unnecessary messes and the knowledge that I would be the one to clean it up made me hesitant, but I put all of my reservations aside when Bryan proposed that he take Lilly to the grocery store to get supplies while I sat quietly on the couch. Even a few minutes alone in the house is a luxury that I just couldn't pass up, regardless of the price. So I eagerly agreed to the cookie making, I even made the list (I know, I'm a real party animal).
It turned out to be very cute and a time consuming event that was fun for the whole family. (In the two hours it took Bryan and Lilly to make, cut, cook and decorate the cookies I was able to do most of the housework that I planned to do tomorrow).
Mixing up the dough. At this point Lilly was more excited standing on the step stool than anything else. She would get down and then walk up to the stool and say "Up we go!". At which point Bryan would lift her to the top step.
Cutting out some fun Christmas shapes. She really got into it when she got to put flour on her hands to keep the dough from sticking. That was actually her favorite part, she would hold them out and say "hand, hand" and then rub the flour all over the cutting board. (And dump it onto the floor)
Lilly modeling her apron while Daddy bakes the first round of cookies.
Putting M's on some of the cookies. Quite a few M's were eaten during this step.
Ahh finally...the tasting of the cookies. All of Lilly's hard work pays off.

4 comments:

  1. Our own little Martha Stewart, just like mommy. Love the apron!!! Grandma nonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun was that? Looks like the cookies turned out just right. Easy bake oven time is close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky little girl Lilly is to have a Daddy that will make cookies with her! Have a Merry Christmas!
    Jeanne Shortz

    ReplyDelete