Tuesday, May 29, 2012

All the Fairies in My Garden

Early this year Lilly and I started seeing fairy gardens in some of the catalogs that come to the house.  Of course we were interested.  I did a little research, asked my dad to construct a container, and encouraged Lilly to collect items for her fairy garden.  Then, I found out that Jones Greenhouse was offering a Fairy Garden Class.  We signed up, because the greenhouse would have all of the supplies that we needed, but we still decided to make our own house.
I let Lilly pick out a small bird house and some sparkle 'fairy' paint to decorate it.  She also picked out some stick on jewels.  When Papaw asked her how the fairy would get inside with the door up so high, Lilly acted annoyed at his ignorance and said, "Papaw, fairies can fly."
 Lilly's favorite part of the Fairy Garden Class was picking out the fairy, furniture and plants...and eating the M&M's that Mrs. Jones had provided.
 I did most of the planting, but Lilly picked everything out and laid out all of the landscaping gravel, aka aquarium stone.
 After Lilly had made all of the hard decisions she left the work up to me while she played video games with her friend Caitlin.

 After her bath Lilly was so excited to show her garden to Bryan.
 The finished product.  We're not sure, and we've never seen her move, but we think the fairy does all of her gardening at night because she is always in a different place the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment