Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Super Bowl

As I am sure you aware we, not Bryan and I, but the city of Indianapolis, hosted the Super Bowl this past weekend. Evidently that is kind of a big deal. So, Bryan and I, experiencing a lack of babysitters, sat down like adults and argued, dickered, negotiated and bargained for time so that we each could be involved in the week long party that our city put on. Don't worry, I'll spare you the day by day, hour by hour schedule that we came up with and I'll just touch on the highlights.

On Friday night, after much wheeling and dealing, Bryan went downtown with some friends to see the Super Bowl Village and just walk around downtown. Zionsville, in an effort to cash in on some of the Super Bowl dollars, hosted some fun activities of their own, and even provided a free shuttle from downtown to the village and back again. The main attractions, for kids at least, were an inflatable toboggan run with a bounce house underneath and a synthetic ice skating rink. Tania and I took our kids to this while our hubbies partied it up downtown.

Like I said, the ice skating was synthetic, hard white plastic sprayed with some kind of oil. It was similar to actual ice skating, but seemed to be less slick. This was perfect Lilly and Avery. They could more easily step, and eventually slide, without losing control. They both did really well and we think the girls might be ready for real ice.

Lilly got a little cocky and even tried some of the moves that she saw at Disney on Ice, even attempting a slow spin.

On Saturday I met Brecq and Everette at Super Bowl Village, and Kristy joined us later. Of course, I had these plans for over a month and of course, Saturday is the only day that it was not 55 degrees and sunny. Oh well, the weather seemed to thin out the crowds and we were able to find an escape from the worst rain in bars and restaurants throughout the day.

Here we are on the circle, if we had turned even slightly the big XXVI that was on Monument Circle would have been behind us. Oh well, everyone has that picture.


But, only the Giants and Brecq and I got to get our picture taken with the Lombardi trophy!


I wanted to include some pictures from Bryan's escapades downtown, but he didn't take any...or at least he didn't show me any. And, I guess there was even some big football game on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment