Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Mean Baby With A Bad Attitude

On the night that Lilly was born, my brother came to the hospital to meet his niece for the very first time. He held her for a while and she cried and made nasty faces at him. Wes later told my mom, "I don't care what you say...that baby's got an attitude".
Then, for the first few months of life Lilly was a rather cranky baby. I blamed it on being colicky and figured that she cried a lot because she had a little bit of acid reflux....that's enough to make anyone grouchy. But, Wes stuck to his word, insisting that she was just "a mean baby with a bad attitude".
In the past year I have attributed any fussiness and sleepless nights to teething...but I'm starting to bend...
It took me almost 2 years, but I finally realized: I could use any excuse I wanted, but Wes was right all along, he had Lilly's number from day one. She might just be a mean baby with a bad attitude.
And here's the proof...
Mean baby.

Bad attitude.

2 comments:

  1. That Lilly can give some dirty looks, but she is still the cutest mean baby with a bad attitude. and she is a stylish little thing. Love that Lilly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's not a mean baby with a attitude, she's a sweet baby

    ReplyDelete