Thursday, October 22, 2009

Like Mother Like Daughter

Over the last eighteen months I have realized that I have alot in common with the little person that now rules our house. Its not just the trademark eyes that have been passed down from mother to daughter through several generations of my family. Its not just that we are both born Aries, or rams. Although, I'm sure this explains alot....poor Bryan...two Aries women. This tends to make Lilly and I both head strong, a little impulsive and quick tempered, but also creative with vivid imagination. No, its a little more than all of that. And here are the pictures to prove it.
An example of the big brown eyes.

Lilly and I both love to wear inappropriate shoes. For me it as simple as wearing platform heels with capris or cowboy boots with dressy top. But, for Lilly this particular trait goes a little further. She likes to wear patent leather mary janes that are two sizes too big with her footie pajamas. Um, they are also on the wrong feet....and yes, she put them on herself.

Both Lilly and I would enjoy living on a farm. I like the animals and wide open space...Lilly just wants a tractor that she doesn't have to pedal.

We both love sour cream. I rarely get it all over my face like this, but I do occasionally plan my meals around what can and cannot be served with sour cream.

A purely Applegate trait...maps. Even if I'm not going anywhere I could sit down and look at a map. And to be honest, when any of you go on a trip, I typically get out my atlas to see exactly where you're going and how you're getting there. My dad is the same way and apparently Lilly has picked this up too. Speaking of dads...it just so happens that Lilly and I both might be a little spoiled...and this little issue might have been perpetuated by the same two people. I won't say more.A walk in the woods in the fall when the leaves are on the ground is a favorite activity for Lilly and I both. I don't pick up leaves and sticks or fill my pockets with dried berries and walnuts, but I enjoy the walk just the same.

Yes, Lilly and I have alot in common, all of these things and more. We both like to read, we both love the Doodle and we both hate to sit still for long. The only thing is....Lilly enjoys getting up early in the morning...she must get that from her father, because its definitely NOT something she picked up from me!

4 comments:

  1. I also hope Lilly gets to live in the country some day, with the wide open spaces and quiet nights, no traffic or bad guys around. Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilly is perfect so that must mean her mother is perfect as well. Bryan is such a lucky guy--three perfect women in his life. I'll leave it to you to figure out who the third might me (that's not a typo.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 perfect women, me too Bryan. connie, mom, grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian,I have never gotten such a beautiful and unexpected Christmas present. It's so precious to me that I now know that I made a mark in this world. I still believe that these small times are the BIG TIME. I think of those days often, when the eight of us were all alone in NKY. Do you remember our first Christmas, you were very young, the eight of us had Christmas dinner at your house in our Christmas pajamas.It was a beautiful and peaceful day on Logan's Run. I think of that day so often and I loved the little boy that I spent my day with and I still do. I am so glad that you were in my life. God Bless Brian,Lindsay and Lilly. Keep up the good job both of you, what great parents. Brian your still a cutie pie and I miss you and your family, maybe someday we can repeat that Special Christmas. I'll love you always.

    ReplyDelete